I made a few more quilt tops this year, in addition to finishing up my UFOs. I’m currently in a half-square triangle phase.
A half-square triangle quilt using one white layer cake and one batik layer cake; 71 x 76 inches.
This is another half-square triangle quilt; no specific pattern for the arrangement; 67 x 75 inches.
When I started to sew on the binding, I noticed a big glob of mud on one block. All I can guess about how it got there was that one of the dogs got to it while I had my in-progress quilts on the couch. (No, they don’t get on the couch, but they sometimes look for toys on it.) I treated the stain, scrubbed it, washed it multiple times but I couldn’t get all of it out. I was heartbroken. It was supposed to be a gift but I can’t bear to give someone a new quilt with a stain.
This is the Hunter’s Star pattern using the half-square triangle method from the Missouri Star Quilt Company tutorial; 73 x 83 inches.